#InvestInCanada: Celebrating Canada’s 150th
Canada is a great place to do business, live, work and invest.
Let’s break down some of Canada’s impressive metrics:
- Canada’s workforce is the most highly educated among members of the OECD, with half of its working-age population having a tertiary level education.
- Canada is one of the top ten countries in the world to do business, according to Forbes.
- According to KPMG, total business tax costs in Canada are by far the lowest in the G7 and 46 percent lower than those in the United States.
- With the federal government’s Scientific Research and Experimental Development program (SR&ED) and other incentives, Canada offers one the lowest business costs in the world for R&D‑intensive sectors.
- According to Organisation for Economic Co-operation and Development, economic growth is expected to increase throughout 2017 and continue to be robust in 2018.
- Canada is one of the most multicultural countries in the world, with world-class universities, a universal health care system and clean and friendly cities. The OECD’s Better Life Index shows Canada as outperforming the average in terms of overall living conditions and quality of life.
- In general, Canadians are more satisfied with their lives than the OECD average. When asked to rate their general satisfaction with life on a scale from 0 to 10, Canadians gave it a 7.4 grade, higher than the OECD average of 6.5.
- Canada also has one of the most educated populations, and dedicates a high percentage of its public spending to research and development, and infrastructure support.
“In our 150th year, Canadian innovation is driving ahead at record rates. And our Government and our innovation ecosystem are saying loud and clear to the world that we are open for business,” pointed out Mike Woollatt, CEO, CVCA. “So, if you are an entrepreneur, an investor or a skilled employee – don’t miss out.”
Beyond the numbers, Canada is a fantastic place with tremendous momentum. Breaking down some qualitative measures; Canadian investors explain why Canada is a great country to invest and a great country to do business.